Wednesday, April 22, 2009

More Seattle

Of course I had to clime Seattle's landmark 'the Space Needle' as well which my tourist guide calls 'the most expensive elevator ride you'll take in your lifetime'. They are right about that but you'll get a fantastic view of the city in return. Also worth doing is the vintage Monorail between the Space Needle and the city... and yes it takes only 5 mins total.

Beside the obvious tourist attractions millions of people see every year I also saw some not that commonly known attractions as well. Like the Fremont Troll for example which can be found not under the Fremont Bridge (too obvious I guess) but the neighboring Aurora Bridge's north side. It took me quite a while to realize that ;-)

And I also saw some destinations around Seattle like the Snoqualmie Fall which is twice as high as the famous Niagara Falls... but maybe a bit less impressive :-)
Anyhow... I really fell in love with Washington State which much looks like Germany when it comes to vegetation and landscape. That's maybe the reason why you find so many Germans settling in this area... including the all-Bavarian town of Leavenworth (with Sommerfest and Oktoberfest) which I didn't have time to see unfortunately... maybe with my next weekend trip? ;-)

No comments: