Saturday, May 2, 2009

Goodbye BBQ at Casa Cammon

As I said earlier already: everything has to come to an end someday... even though I certainly had a blast in Colorado! But the plane ticket was booked, suitcases packed (I wish!), the rest of my belongings sold and everything was set for a most dramatical end. And even the heavens started to cry which kind of messed with my BBQ idea... oh well, who looks back in anger right? ;-)

But regardless the bad weather everything was set for a party to remember. 80 burgers, 40 sausages and a beer keg were waiting for my guests (not sure if it was 40 or more... something along this lines I guess). The only disappointment of the night was that I had some leftovers... 40 burgers! Oh man! My friends are obviously not very good eater... but much better drinker :-)

And of course better cooks, too. Thanks for all the different salads, salsas and... cakes. As you can see on the left: Bich-Khe and James made a delicious cookie-cake for the party! Including the German 'goodbye' icing in the national colors of Belgium ;-) Still very, very tasty... thanks for that!

And to proof how tasty it actually was: my (ex-)roommate Justin seemed to be very happy with the cake. Or was it the beer? Well... I bought a keg of my favorite 'New Belgium Brewery' beer: Sunshine Wheat! It also was a huge success and we were able to finish the keg already at around midnight. Lucky enough we had plenty of bottled beer, Whiskey, Vodka and also...




Jell-O shots. Those are not known in Germany and you can see the surprise written in Torstens face discovering them at the party. What you can't see is that after having a couple of those Torsten was dancing to the music... on his own. Well it was entertaining for all of us :o)






But even the longest and craziest party has to come to an end. And I have to say thanks to all of you... for being such good friends over the last years!!!

And in the end it wasn't only the heavens who was shedding some tears :-)

I hope to see you all at my welcome party in Germany!!!

No comments: